Monday, July 19, 2010

A love for Falls Festival

Falls Festival = the ultimate New Years experience!

I just subscribed to enter the ticket ballot for Falls Festival 2010. Still undecided about what we'll be doing this NYE, but I thought we might as well keep our options open!

Since 2003, we've been to every Falls Festival at Lorne, usually with a big group, and had the most amazing time every year. But last year we broke the routine. We got married in early December and decided to spend our honeymoon in New Zealand over Christmas and New Years. We met up with our great great great friends, Ruth and Jared, for NYE at the Rythym and Vines Festival in Gisborne. A much similar set up to the Falls Festival, except with Kiwis instead of Aussies! At first I wasn't too fussed about missing Falls, every year it felt like it was getting more and more pop cultured, just a place for people to go so they could say "oh I went to Falls Festival!". The crowd felt more pretentious than ever too!

But alas, we don't know what we've got until it's gone right? Well having spent a year abroad, I can admit I need my Falls hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment