Thursday, July 8, 2010

A love for Phenomenons

The street light phenomenon.

For the past few years I have been trying to tell me husband Simon that the experiences I have with street lights going out, is not just a conincidence. On random occasions, I will be driving or walking under a street light when it will suddenly "go out". Once I started to realise it was happening regularly to me, I started to freak out, and thought maybe I should see a psychic? But before I did, I wanted to do some research to see if this happened to anyone else.

What I found was extremely interesting. People dealing with this (condition) are known as “SLIders”. (SLI meaning Street Light Interference). Although there are many reports of SLI experiences, the circumstances of each case can vary widely. Some report switching off a single streetlight close by; others say they have influenced a row of streetlights; and a few possess the capacity to randomly affect only certain streetlights, making it difficult to discern a pattern in SLI.

A reasonable explanation for the SLI effect might have something to do with the electronic impulses of the brain. All of our thoughts and movements are the result of electrical impulses that the brain generates. We know that these measurable impulses have an effect within an individual's body, but is it possible that they could have an effect outside the body?

Interesting to think that we could emotionally charge our brains enough to physically affect electrical equipment. Maybe I just need to power down more, especially at night when my body and brain wants to rest! However it's good to know that I'm not the only one, and I look forward to telling Simon I'm not crazy!

2 comments:

  1. can you come walk past the light outside our place its annoying as anything!!! PS your a nutter hehe Love Lou X

    ReplyDelete